1) Amphibians and Reptiles of West Virginia - Marshall University’s Herpetology Dept.
2) AmphibiaWeb is an online system that provides access to information on amphibian declines, conservation, natural history, and taxonomy
3) Aquatic Invertebrate Lesson Plans
4) An introduction to the Properties of Water
5) A variety of resources focusing on water education and conservation: Children's Water Education Council; Clean Water Education Partnership; US EPA's Water Education Resources; USGS Water Science School; Water Conservation; Water Education Foundation; Water Conservation: Ideas for kids at home; Outdoor water conservation
6) Benthic algae distribution and structure - Tennessee Tech University
7) Cacapon Institute's - Potomac Highlands Watershed School
8) Children's Water Festival Manual
9) Citizen Science Cooperative: A diverse group of volunteers, researchers, and program administrators dedicated to promoting & enhancing citizen science opportunities.
10) Connectivity of Streams and Wetlands
11) Conserving water in and around the home
12) Earth's Water: How much water is there; where is the water; how does it move around?
13) Environmental Education (EE) Activities with a focus on water resources
14) Fluvial geomorphology module - New York College
15) FracFocus a national hydraulic fracturing chemical registry
16) Freshwater Algae - Connecticut College; Click-Here for a more detailed key
17) GPS Latitude and Longitude converter converts various types coordinate systems from one format to another - Latitude and Longitude conversions: DMS -> DD (xls file)
18) Guides for growing volunteer monitoring programs
19) Healthy Rivers: A Water Course is an online or CD-ROM program that helps the user understand the ecology, management and stewardship or river and stream systems
20) Understading the importance of headwater streams
21) Iaak Walton Leagur of America's Save Our Streams Program and information sheets: 3-bin composters; Bug aquariums; Model watersheds; Rain barrels, and the Action Packet (copyright materials)
22) Large Woody Debris Survey Manual - Northwest Fisheries Commission
23) Leave No Trace (LNT) Center has developed the Citizen Science tool kit as a guide to implementing LNT citizen science programming in diverse natural areas. This guide offers information on a wide variety of topics. Click-Here to learn more.
24) Marcellous Resources: General information and education WVU Extension Service; Marcellous maps WV Geologic and Econmomic Survey; WV Surface Owners Rights Organization; Monitoring resources Dickinson College Alarm Program; Click-Here to learn more about the shale gas industry
25) Natural Channel Design Handbook - Prepared by NC Stream Restoration Institute
26) Natural Resource Conservation Service's educational resources for teachers and students
27) Ohio's Stream Management Guide Natural Stream Processes
28) Periodic Table of Elements
29) Project Wet - Water education for teacher's
30) Rapid geomorphic assessment picture key - University of Maine
31) River Networks virtual training: Water quality standards
32) Stream Functions Pyramid - A tool for assessing success of stream restoration projects
33) Streambank Restoration Using Willows - MO’s Stream Team Program
34) Stream Photo Documentation Procedures - TAC Visual Assessment Workgroup
35) The importance of headwater streams
36) USEPA's Watershed Academy provides training and information on implementing watershed approaches. It provides self-paced modules, webinars etc. from experts across a broad range of waterhsed topics.
37) USEPA Nonpoint Source (NPS) toolbox
38) USGS Water Quality Information: Frequently Asked Questions
39) Volunteer Water Quality Monitoring National Facilitation Project - A partnership with USDA and the land grant colleges and universities
40) Volunteer Monitoring Program Directory - On Google Maps
41) Ideas for implementing water conservation throughout your home
42) Water terminology - A glossary of common water words from USGS
43) Wild and Scenic River Act was created by Congress in 1968 to preserve rivers with outstanding natural, cultural and recreational values in a free-flowing condition for the enjoyment of present and future generations. Click-Here to learn more
44) Wolfs and Rivers: Watch a facebook video that discusses the effects of the re-introduction of wolfs on Yellowstone's ecosystems.
45) WV Conservation Agency’s Watershed Resource Center
46) WV Dept. of Environmental Protection's - Enviro Fact Sheets
47) WV Rivers Coalition: Sourewater Protection toolkit and Stormwater toolkit
48) Model My Watershed is a Stroud Water Research Center - WikiWatershed initiative. WikiWatershed is a toolkit designed to support citizens, conservation practitioners, municipal decision-makers, researchers, educators, and students to collaboratively advance knowledge and stewardship of fresh water. Click-Here to learn more.