Some Benefits of State Employment
- Annual Leave
- 0 to 5 years of service 1.25 days off per month (Maximum carry over hours = 240)
- 5 to 10 years of service 1.5 days per month (Maximum carry over hours = 240)
- 10 to 15 years of service 1.75 days per month (Maximum carry over hours = 280)
- Over 15 years of service 2.00 days per month (Maximum carry over hours = 320
- Sick Leave
- 1.5 days per month regardless of years of service
- Employees may use up to 40 hours of his or her own sick leave balance for the illness of an immediate family member.
- 12 paid holidays every year
- Primary and General Election days off
- An additional half day holiday before both Christmas and New Years when the holiday falls on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday
Health and Life Insurance Benefits
- HMO coverage option available
- Traditional Pay Per Benefit Option available
- Vision & Dental
- Low-cost plans available at tax-free rates
- Group life insurance available with low group rates
- Employees contribute 4.5% of their gross pay each payday (tax-deferred); the employer contributes 14.5% each payday.
- Employees are vested after 5 years of creditable service.
- Defined Benefit Plan with retirement payments based on years of service and final average salary (highest 36 consecutive months out of the last 15 years of employment).
- Under the Straight Life Annuity option, the employee’s estimated benefit can be calculated as 2% of the years of credited service times the final average salary. This option does not pay an annuity to a beneficiary.
- Two other options are available that pay 100% (Option A) and 50% (Option B) of the employees’ retirement annuity to the employee’s named and eligible beneficiary.
- ING 457 Supplemental Retirement Plan is available.
- For more information on retirement, visit www.wvretirement.com.