Change of Ownership

Any person holding a valid Permit and/or Certificate to Operate (CTO) or Certified Emissions Statement (CES)  may request that the Director transfer the Permit, CTO or CES to another person providing the following conditions are met:

  • The current owner (Seller) describes, in writing, the reasons for or circumstances of the transfer and certifies that the source for which the Permit/CTO/CES pertains is in compliance with all permits issued by the DAQ and the applicable regulations;
  • The Buyer identifies and acknowledges, in writing, that it accepts and will comply with all regulations; and,
  • The Buyer or Seller pays the transfer fee of $200 per source.  
  • If the current owner is incorporating a name change only, there is no required fee.

Please contact Pam Kindrick at 304-926-0499, ext. 41272 with questions.

The table below provides documents needed for a permit transfer and/or a name change:

Sample Buyer Letter

Sample Seller Letter


Instructions for Buyer/Seller Transaction


Permit Transfer Cover Document


Name Change Sample Letter   
Name Change Cover Document