News and Updates
Revised VRP Guidance Manual Release
The Office of Environmental Remediation is pleased to announce that the Voluntary Remediation Program Guidance Manual has been revised and is now available for viewing and download on the OER Technical Guidance and Templates webpage:
The overall organization of the VRP Guidance Manual has been changed to reflect the process for a VRP site, and the manual has been updated to reflect legislative changes, industry best practices, and evolving technologies since the last version. In addition, new Rail Trail Guidance has been included, and the new UECA-LUST Program tiered-based system has been outlined.
Recently Completed Remediation Projects
The Historic Grafton B&O Freight Station project (VRP #17020) in
Grafton, WV, received a Certificate of Completion in January 2019.
2019 Voluntary Remediation Program Certificates of Completion
- Camden Compressor Station - January 2019
- Pietro Fiorentini - January 2019
- Raleigh Junk - Riverside - January 2019
- Grafton B&O Freight Station - January 2019
- Pilot Store #243 - February 2019
- Buckstone - March 2019
- Cooper Service Station - March 2019
- Speedway #3963 - March 2019
- Roach Oil - John Street - June 2019
- Marathon Terminal #9696 - August 2019
- Ohio River Terminals - September 2019
- Barkers Creek Industrial Park - October 2019
Next Scheduled LRS Examination
Below are the details for the next scheduled Licensed Remediation Specialist Examination. The deadline for submitting completed applications for this examination is February 26, 2020.
||March 18, 2020
||1:30PM - 3:30PM
||Capitol Complex Building 7, 2nd Floor, Technology Learning Center
Located Near the corner of Piedmont Road and California Avenue
Save the Date for the 2020 WV Brownfields Conference!
||September 15-17, 2020