WIB's Basin Coordinators (BCs) help local watershed restoration and protection efforts become reality. These experts are responsible for organizing local efforts to implement water quality improvement projects. To help get improvements on the ground, BCs have roles in:
- Fostering and supporting volunteer watershed associations and other organizations;
- Educating citizens on nonpoint pollution issues;
- Identifying local stakeholders and partners;
- Assisting with the development of watershed based plans; and
- Facilitating project teams in order to implement water quality improvement projects.
The BCs are located in Charleston, Fayetteville, Romney and Fairmont. CLICK-HERE to learn more. To learn about volunteer opportunties and more, check-out our calendar of events.