48th Annual Youth Environmental Conference
The 48th annual Youth Environmental Conference is scheduled for October 6 through October 8, 2023 at Cacapon Resort State Park.
A limited number of scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
All participants wanting to attend the conference can request to send two members between the ages of
13 and 18 and one chaperone at no charge. There is a possibility that additional scholarships may be
available; however, it is not guaranteed. Please contact us for authorization.
- Be sure to complete the reservation form as soon as possible as the scholarships will go quickly.
- All participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the conference.
Additional youth participants and adult chaperones are welcome to attend at the cost of $200 each. Please make checks payable to
"Department of Environmental Proection" or "DEP"
The deadline for receiving reservations is 3 pm, Friday, September 15, 2023.
- Cacapon requires the list of all conference participants by this date.
- A limited number of rooms are available. Rooms that are not used will be released on September 15.
- Reservations will be accepted after September 15 only if rooms are still available at Cacapon State Park.
Room assignments will be made with 2 to 4 participants per room, chaperones included, depending on room type. Preference of roommates
must be listed on the reservation form.
- No room changes will be made upon arrival.
- All participants must be pre-registered; no walk-ins will be accepted.
Permission slip, release form, photo consent and conference rules will be sent with your confirmation.
- Attendance at this conference confirms an agreement to abide by all conference rules.
The permission slip, release form and photo consent form must be signed by the parent/guardian and by
the participant and must be received by September 30. Faxed copies are unacceptable. Original forms
with original signatures are needed.
- Participants cannot attend the Saturday tour without the original signed release forms.
Additional information, details, and itinerary are available in the provided reservation letter for the 48th annual YEC.