The West Virginia Brownfields Assistance Program empowers communities, developers, and stakeholders to assess,
cleanup, and sustainably reuse brownfields. WVDEP can provide free guidance and technical assistance throughout
the brownfield redevelopment process.
Example services WVDEP provides include:
- Review and explain environmental reports.
- Provide technical and programmatical guidance to assess and remediate sites.
- Assist with educating stakeholders and conducting community outreach.
- Introduce similar projects successfully completed throughout the state and country.
- Identify potential project funding sources.