Water and Waste Permits


The permitting section of the Division of Water and Waste Management is a major regulatory arm of the agency that manages all non-mining water permits, solid waste permits and hazardous waste permits.


Water Permits

Waste Permits 

NPDES Individual Permits

Solid Waste Permits

NPDES General Permits

Hazardous Waste Permits

Stormwater General Permits


UIC Permits (Non-mining)

401 Water Quality Certification  
Septic Tank Seal Registration  

Security Agent Documentation for ePermitting - if you’re a consultant doing business for a client and/or customer, security agent documentation isn’t required.  After security agent is established for company, it’s their responsibility to add and assign security rights to others. Please refer to Security under information on the following webpage: https://apps.dep.wv.gov/eplogin.cfm.

Security Agent Sample Letter


Privacy, Security and Accessibility | WV.gov | USA.gov | © 2018 State of West Virginia