CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s (WVDEP) Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP) is holding several tire collections across the state this fall.
- Randolph 08/25/17 8:00am-4:00pm Leslie Equipment Co. on Rt. 33
- Randolph 08/26/17 8:00am-4:00pm Dailey, Tygart Valley Transfer Station
- Cabell 08/26/17 9:00am-3:00pm Huntington, National Guard Armory
- Logan 08/25-26/17 8:00am-5:00pm Riverview Ave.
- Wood 09/09/17 8:00am-Noon Belleville, Belleville Community Center
- Braxton 09/09/17 9:00am-3:00pm Flatwoods, Braxton 911 Ctr., Days Drive
- Mineral 09/09/17 8:00am-3:00pm Ft. Ashby Fairgrounds
- Raleigh 09/12/17 9:00am-3:00pm Dameron, "Green Box Curve" on Rt. 3
- Kanawha 09/16/17 8:00am-4:00pm Sissonville, Call Road by Sissonville VFD
- Raleigh 09/19/17 9:00am-3:00pm Beckley, Raleigh Co. Conv. Ctr., Upper Lot
- Wirt 09/23/17 9:00am-3:00pm Elizabeth, Wirt County Recycling Center
- Putnam 09/23/17 9:00am-2:00pm Winfield, Putnam County Courthouse
- Greenbrier 09/27/17 8:00am-4:00pm Rainelle, US Army Reserve Ctr.
- Kanawha 09/30/17 8:00am-4:00pm Cabin Creek, AEP Property behind GoMart
- Barbour 09/30/17 8:00am-2:00pm Barbour County Fairgrounds
- Mingo 10/03/17 9:00am-3:00pm Rt. 52, Old County Bus Garage
- Wetzel 10/07/17 8:00am-2:00pm New Martinsville, Bruce Park
- Lincoln 10/07/17 9:00am-3:00pm Lincoln County High School
- Grant 10/07/17 8:00am-3:00pm Grant Co. Industrial Park
- Ohio 10/14/17 8:00am-2:00pm Cabela's Parking Lot
- Kanawha 10/21/17 8:00am-4:00pm Intersection of 4th Ave. and C St. in South Charleston
More events could be added. Check the WVDEP website for an updated list
Residents may dispose of up to 10 tires per person with a valid West Virginia ID for the county in which the tire collection event is being held. The tires must be off the rims. Only car and light truck tires, 16-inches or less, will be accepted. Haulers and businesses are not allowed to participate.
This tire collection is made possible, in part, through REAP, which brings together all of the state’s cleanup programs to maximize West Virginia’s cleanup efforts.