Charleston, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection's (WVDEP) Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP) is hosting five free tire collection events in April.
The five events are:
- Kanawha County: Saturday, April 9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the former Herbert Hoover High School parking lot
- Kanawha County: Saturday, April 23 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. behind the Go-Mart in Cabin Creek
- Clay County: Saturday, April 23 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Clay County High School
- Randolph County: Saturday, April 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Old Oak Ridge Trucking Lot located at 2981 Beverly Pike in Elkins
- Hardy County: Saturday, April 30 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the HL Wilson Trucking Lot by Burger King in Moorefield
Individuals may dispose of up to 10 tires per person. The tires must be off the rims and only car and light truck tires will be accepted. The WVDEP requests that individuals stay in their vehicles when dropping off tires.
Additionally, the WVDEP is partnering with WV Cashin Recyclables and the Putnam County Solid Waste Authority to hold an ongoing tire collection event for Putnam County residents. This ongoing collection will be held on the first Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at WV Cashin Recyclables located at 1 Pickens Road in Nitro. This event is open to Putnam County residents only and a valid ID is required for drop-off.
Other ongoing tire collection events include:
- Boone County: Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Boone County Recycling Center.
- Brooke County: Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Brooke County Recycling Center
- Calhoun County: The third (3rd) Friday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cabot Station Recycling Center on Rt. 5, two miles West of Grantsville
- Fayette County: The third (3rd) Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at New River Health in Oak Hill (Old K-Mart lot)
- Hancock County: Call Hancock County Solid Waste Authority at 304-459-3269 for more information
- Mason County: Call Mason County Recycling Center at 304-675-7855 for more information
- Mercer County: The first (1st) Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mercer County Landfill
- Monroe County: The second (2nd) Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon at the Monroe County Recycling Center
- Pocahontas County: Call Pocahontas County Landfill at 304-799-4199 for more information
- Tucker County: The first (1st) Thursday of each month from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tucker County Landfill
- Wayne County: The first (1st) Monday of each month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wayne County Solid Waste Authority
- Wyoming County: The first (1st) Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wyoming County Landfill
A list of upcoming tire collection events and updates can be found on the WVDEP website