CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s (WVDEP) Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP) is hosting nine free tire collection events in November.
The nine events are:
- Grant County: November 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the RCS Transport Lot in Petersburg
- Roane County: November 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Bowman Street Parking Lot in Spencer
- Tyler County: November 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Tyler Fairgrounds
- Cabell County: November 13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Cabell County Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center
- Mineral County: November 13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Tomar, Inc. Trucking Lot in Keyser
- Mingo County: November 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Mingo County Impound Lot on Rt. 52 near 84 Lumber
- Lewis County: November 17 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the gravel lot next to the airport and cattle barn at Jackson Mills
- Wirt County: November 20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ellison's Dozer Service in Elizabeth
- Hampshire County: November 20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Hampshire County Fairgrounds in Augusta
Individuals may dispose of up to 10 tires per person. The tires must be off the rims and only car and light truck tires will be accepted. To help limit the spread of COVID-19, the WVDEP requests that individuals stay in their vehicles when dropping off tires.
Ongoing tire collection events include:
- Boone County: Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Boone County Recycling Center.
- Brooke County: Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Brooke County Recycling Center
- Calhoun County: The third (3rd) Friday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cabot Station Recycling Center on Rt. 5, two miles West of Grantsville
- Fayette County: The third (3rd) Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at New River Health in Oak Hill (Old K-Mart lot)
- Hancock County: Call Hancock County Solid Waste Authority at 304-459-3269 for more information
- Mason County: Call Mason County Recycling Center at 304-675-7855 for more information
- Mercer County: The first (1st) Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mercer County Landfill
- Monroe County: The second (2nd) Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon at the Monroe County Recycling Center
- Pocahontas County: Call Pocahontas County Landfill at 304-799-4199 for more information
- Tucker County: The first (1st) Thursday of each month from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tucker County Landfill
- Wayne County: The first (1st) Monday of each month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wayne County Solid Waste Authority
- Wyoming County: The first (1st) Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wyoming County Landfill
A list of upcoming tire collection events and updates can be found on the WVDEP website.
For more WVDEP news and information, go to www.dep.wv.gov.. Also, connect with the agency on all social media platforms. Follow @DEPWV on Twitter, Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/depwv/, and find us on YouTube at Environment Matters.