Charleston, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection's (WVDEP) Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP) is hosting three free tire collection events in March.
The three events are:
- Braxton County: Saturday, March 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Kenton Meadows Warehouse (Just across the bridge over the Elk River on Little Buffalo Road in Gassaway)
- Pendleton County: Saturday, March 12 from a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Pendleton County EconomicDevelopment Authority Lot (100 Thorn Creek Road, Franklin)
- Kanawha County: Saturday, March 26 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the parking lot at the intersection of C Street and 4th Avenue in South Charleston
Individuals may dispose of up to 10 tires per person. The tires must be off the rims and only car and light truck tires will be accepted. The WVDEP requests that individuals stay in their vehicles when dropping off tires.
Ongoing tire collection events include:
- Boone County: Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Boone County Recycling Center.
- Brooke County: Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Brooke County Recycling Center
- Calhoun County: The third (3rd) Friday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cabot Station Recycling Center on Rt. 5, two miles West of Grantsville
- Fayette County: The third (3rd) Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at New River Health in Oak Hill (Old K-Mart lot)
- Hancock County: Call Hancock County Solid Waste Authority at 304-459-3269 for more information
- Mason County: Call Mason County Recycling Center at 304-675-7855 for more information
- Mercer County: The first (1st) Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mercer County Landfill
- Monroe County: The second (2nd) Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon at the Monroe County Recycling Center
- Pocahontas County: Call Pocahontas County Landfill at 304-799-4199 for more information
- Tucker County: The first (1st) Thursday of each month from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tucker County Landfill
- Wayne County: The first (1st) Monday of each month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wayne County Solid Waste Authority
- Wyoming County: The first (1st) Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wyoming County Landfill
A list of upcoming tire collection events and updates can be found on the WVDEP website