CHARLESTON, W.Va. (June 10, 2021) – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s (WVDEP) Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP) is hosting three free tire collection events in the month of June.
The three events are:
- Wood County: Saturday, June 12, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Erickson Field on Erickson Boulevard off Camden Avenue in Parkersburg.
- Lincoln County: Saturday, June 19, 2021 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Lincoln County High School in Hamlin.
- McDowell County: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the former Walmart in Kimball.
Individuals may dispose of up to 10 tires per person. The tires must be off the rims and only car and light truck tires will be accepted.
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, the WVDEP requests that individuals stay in their vehicles when dropping off tires.
Ongoing tire collection events include:
- Boone County: Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Boone County Recycling Center.
- Brooke County: Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Brooke County Recycling Center
- Fayette County: The third (3rd) Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at New River Health in Oak Hill (Old K-Mart lot)
- Hancock County: Call Hancock County Solid Waste Authority at 304-459-3269 for more information
- Mason County: Call Mason County Recycling Center at 304-675-7855 for more information
- Mercer County: The first (1st) Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mercer County Landfill
- Monroe County: The second (2nd) Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon at the Monroe County Recycling Center
- Pocahontas County: Call Pocahontas County Landfill at 304-799-4199 for more information
- Tucker County: The first (1st) Thursday of each month from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tucker County Landfill
- Wayne County: The first (1st) Monday of each month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wayne County Solid Waste Authority
- Wyoming County: The first (1st) Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wyoming County Landfill
A list of upcoming tire collection events and updates can be found on the WVDEP website
For more WVDEP news and information, go to www.dep.wv.gov. Also, connect with the agency on all social media platforms. Follow @DEPWV on Twitter, Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/depwv/
, and find us on YouTube by searching “Environment Matters.”
# # #