CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s (WVDEP) Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP) is hosting three free tire collection events in December.
The three events are:
- Clay County: December 4 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the IGA Parking Lot on Route 16 in Clay
- Harrison County: December 8 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Nathan Goff Armory in Clarksburg
- Preston County: December 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the former Kingwood Hospital on S. Price Street in Kingwood
Individuals may dispose of up to 10 tires per person. The tires must be off the rims and only car and light truck tires will be accepted. To help limit the spread of COVID-19, the WVDEP requests that individuals stay in their vehicles when dropping off tires.
Ongoing tire collection events include:
- Boone County: Every Tuesday and Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Boone County Recycling Center.
- Brooke County: Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Brooke County Recycling Center
- Calhoun County: The third (3rd) Friday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cabot Station Recycling Center on Rt. 5, two miles West of Grantsville
- Fayette County: The third (3rd) Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at New River Health in Oak Hill (Old K-Mart lot)
- Hancock County: Call Hancock County Solid Waste Authority at 304-459-3269 for more information
- Mason County: Call Mason County Recycling Center at 304-675-7855 for more information
- Mercer County: The first (1st) Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mercer County Landfill
- Monroe County: The second (2nd) Wednesday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon at the Monroe County Recycling Center
- Pocahontas County: Call Pocahontas County Landfill at 304-799-4199 for more information
- Tucker County: The first (1st) Thursday of each month from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Tucker County Landfill
- Wayne County: The first (1st) Monday of each month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wayne County Solid Waste Authority
- Wyoming County: The first (1st) Tuesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wyoming County Landfill
A list of upcoming tire collection events and updates can be found on the WVDEP website.